ISO 22001/FSMS International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published ISO 22000:2005 – Food Safety Management Systems – Requirements for any Organization in the Food Chain, with a view to provide framework for internationally harmonized requirements for systematically managing safety in food supply chains. Consequent to publication of ISO 22000 on BIS has adopted this International Standard as IS/ISO 22000:2005. This standard integrates the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system developed by Codex Alimentarius Commission and combines the HACCP plan with Prerequisite Programs (PRPs) and is fully compatible with Quality Management Systems (QMS) as per ISO 9001: 2000 .
ISO 22000 BENEFITS:
Systematic identification and management of food safety hazards.
Greater confidence for safety of food and related products served and delivered.
Food safety assurance in food chain
ISO 22000 FOR WHOM:
Organizations in food chain, as under:
- Primary procedures (Agriculture, Aquaculture, Horticulture, Dairy etc.)
- Food processors and manufactures
- Retailers, storage facilities and transporters.
- Hospitality sector – Hotels, Restaurants, Catering institutes
- Service providers to food establishments ie; pest control, stewarding, cleaning etc.